Procarbazine Capsules 50mg, manufactured and supplied by Taj Pharmaceuticals Ltd. It highlights the technical specifications, therapeutic uses, and potential side effects of these capsules, emphasizing their role in treating cancers like Hodgkin’s lymphoma and certain brain tumors. The article also mentions the advantages and disadvantages of Procarbazine, including its potential side effects and the importance of close medical supervision. It concludes by stressing the need for open communication between patients and healthcare providers and the availability of cost-effective generic alternatives. Taj Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is recognized for its commitment to quality, innovation, and affordability in the pharmaceutical industry.
Procarbazine Capsules 50mg Price and Quantity
Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules USP 50mg Technical Specification:
Product Name: Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules USP 50mg
Brand Name: P-Carbataj
Dosage Form: Hard-Gelatin Capsules
Packing: 10s, 28s, 100s
Route of Administration: For Oral Use only.
Pack Insert/Leaflet: PIL (Patient Information Leaflet), SmPC (Summary Product Characteristics)
Regulatory Documents: COA, MOA, COPP, FSC, Stability Studies, GMP, CTD Dossier
Therapeutic use: Anti-Cancer
Indication: Procarbazine Hydrochloride is used with other drugs to treat advanced Hodgkin lymphoma. It is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer. Procarbazine hydrochloride damages the cell’s DNA and may kill cancer cells.
Storage: Store protected from moisture at a temperature not exceeding 30°C. Do not refrigerate.
GENERIC NAME OF THE MEDICINAL PRODUCT: Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules USP 50mg
QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE COMPOSITION:
Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules USP 50mg
Each hard gelatin capsule contains:
Procarbazine Hydrochloride USP Equivalent to
Colours: Approved colours used in capsule shell
THERAPEUTIC INDICATIONS: Procarbazine Hydrochloride is used with other drugs to treat advanced Hodgkin lymphoma. It is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer. Procarbazine hydrochloride damages the cell’s DNA and may kill cancer cells.
CAUTION & WARNING:
Caution: It is dangerous to take this preparation except under medical supervision.
Caution: Cytotoxic: Do not open the capsules. Swallow whole. If a capsule is damaged, avoid contact with your skin, eyes or nose.
Warning: Cytotoxic Agent: To be supplied against demand from Cancer Hospitals, Institutions and against prescription a Cancer Specialist only.
Warning: This medication is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary. The risk and benefits should be discussed with the doctor before taking this medicine may impair the fertility in some patients.
TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR HEALTH BY TAKING MEDICATION PROPERLY.
Do not use if seal opening is broken or missing.
STORAGE & DOSAGE: Storage: Store protected from moisture at a temperature not exceeding 30°C. Do not refrigerate.
Dosage: As directed by Oncologist.
For Oral use. Read the package insert before use.
Why Taj Pharmaceuticals?
Taj Pharmaceuticals stands as a trusted pharmaceutical company, known for its unwavering commitment to providing high-quality medications like Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules. This commitment is grounded in a dedication to upholding the highest standards of quality assurance, ensuring that patients receive medications that adhere to stringent international quality benchmarks. Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules exemplify Taj Pharmaceuticals’ emphasis on quality and innovation. These capsules undergo rigorous testing and quality control processes, reflecting the company’s determination to provide advanced treatment options for a variety of medical conditions.
Taj Pharmaceuticals’ blend of pharmaceutical expertise and creative solutions places them at the forefront of innovation in the industry, offering patients cutting-edge pharmaceuticals to address their healthcare needs. Reliability is another hallmark of Taj Pharmaceuticals’ commitment to patient care. Healthcare providers and patients can trust in the consistent availability of Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules, ensuring uninterrupted treatment plans. This reliability is essential for individuals who rely on these medications to manage their health conditions effectively.
Moreover, Taj Pharmaceuticals prioritizes affordability without compromising on quality. By offering cost-effective solutions, the company makes high-quality medications accessible to a wider population, contributing to improved healthcare outcomes and ensuring that patients do not have to compromise on the quality of their treatment due to financial constraints. The trust and reputation that Taj Pharmaceuticals has garnered from healthcare professionals and patients alike solidify its position as a preferred pharmaceutical provider. The company’s commitment to quality, innovation, affordability, and patient well-being makes it a reliable choice for individuals and healthcare providers seeking dependable and effective treatment options. Patients should always consult with a healthcare professional for personalized guidance on the appropriate use of Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules and other medications from Taj Pharmaceuticals.
What is Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules and its uses?
Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules are a medication that contains the active ingredient procarbazine hydrochloride. Procarbazine is an antineoplastic agent, meaning it is used in the treatment of cancer. These capsules are primarily prescribed for specific types of cancer and are often used in combination with other cancer treatments.
Uses of Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules:
- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma: Procarbazine is commonly used as part of combination chemotherapy regimens for the treatment of Hodgkin’s lymphoma, a cancer that affects the lymphatic system. It is often used in combination with other chemotherapy drugs to target and destroy cancer cells.
- Brain Tumors: Procarbazine may be used in the treatment of certain brain tumors, particularly gliomas. It can help slow the growth of cancer cells in the brain and may be part of a comprehensive treatment plan that includes surgery and radiation therapy.
- Lung Cancer: In some cases, procarbazine may be used as part of combination chemotherapy for small-cell lung cancer, a type of lung cancer that tends to grow and spread rapidly.
- Other Cancers: Procarbazine is occasionally prescribed for other types of cancer, depending on the specific diagnosis and the oncologist’s treatment plan.
It’s important to note that Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules are a potent medication with potential side effects and must be administered under the supervision of a healthcare provider experienced in cancer treatment. The dosage and treatment plan will vary depending on the type and stage of cancer being treated, and the medication is typically part of a multidrug regimen. Patients receiving procarbazine should be closely monitored for both the therapeutic effects and potential side effects of the medication.
How does Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules Work?
Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules work as an antineoplastic agent, which means they are designed to inhibit the growth and spread of cancer cells. The active ingredient, procarbazine hydrochloride, exerts its anticancer effects through several mechanisms:
- DNA Damage: Procarbazine is a prodrug, which means it is converted into its active form within the body. Once metabolized, it can directly damage the DNA of cancer cells. This damage interferes with the cancer cells’ ability to replicate and divide. It particularly targets rapidly dividing cells, which is a hallmark of cancer.
- Alkylating Agent: Procarbazine acts as an alkylating agent, a type of chemotherapy drug that attaches alkyl groups to cellular components, including DNA. This interference disrupts the DNA structure and function, preventing cancer cells from dividing and growing. The damage to DNA also triggers cell death pathways in cancer cells.
- Inhibition of DNA Repair: Procarbazine inhibits the repair mechanisms that cancer cells use to fix DNA damage. This makes it more difficult for cancer cells to recover from the damage inflicted by the drug, further impeding their growth.
- Cell Cycle Disruption: Procarbazine can disrupt the normal cell cycle progression of cancer cells, causing them to become stuck in specific phases of the cell cycle. This can prevent cancer cells from advancing through the cell cycle and reproducing.
- Synergistic Action: Procarbazine is often used in combination with other chemotherapy drugs. Its mechanisms of action can complement those of other drugs, creating a synergistic effect that enhances the overall effectiveness of cancer treatment.
It’s essential to understand that Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules are not specific to cancer cells and can affect healthy cells as well. This is why chemotherapy often comes with side effects, as it can harm rapidly dividing healthy cells in the body, such as those in the bone marrow, gastrointestinal tract, and hair follicles. The goal of cancer treatment is to achieve a balance between destroying cancer cells and minimizing damage to healthy tissues. The use of Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules is carefully planned and monitored by oncologists to maximize their therapeutic benefits while managing potential side effects. Patients receiving this medication should have regular check-ups and blood tests to assess their response to treatment and ensure their overall well-being during cancer therapy.
Benefits of Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules:
- Effective Cancer Treatment: Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules are an integral part of cancer treatment regimens, particularly for Hodgkin’s lymphoma and certain brain tumors. They are highly effective in slowing down or halting the growth of cancer cells.
- Combination Therapy: These capsules are often used in combination with other chemotherapy drugs and radiation therapy, enhancing the overall effectiveness of cancer treatment. The synergistic action of multiple drugs can increase the chances of remission and improved survival rates.
- Potential for Tumor Shrinkage: In some cases, Procarbazine may lead to the shrinkage of tumors, which can alleviate symptoms and improve the patient’s quality of life.
Side Effects of Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules:
- Gastrointestinal Issues: Common side effects include nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite. These symptoms can be managed with antiemetic medications and dietary adjustments.
- Myelosuppression: Procarbazine can suppress the bone marrow’s ability to produce blood cells, leading to an increased risk of anemia, leukopenia (low white blood cell count), and thrombocytopenia (low platelet count). Regular blood tests are needed to monitor these effects.
- Neurological Symptoms: Procarbazine can cause neurological side effects, including dizziness, confusion, and mood changes. These symptoms should be reported to a healthcare provider promptly.
- Hypertension: Elevated blood pressure can occur during Procarbazine treatment. Monitoring blood pressure and managing hypertension with medication may be necessary.
- Photosensitivity: Some individuals may become more sensitive to sunlight while taking Procarbazine, increasing the risk of sunburn. Sun protection measures, such as sunscreen and protective clothing, are advisable.
- Allergic Reactions: Although rare, allergic reactions to Procarbazine can occur. Symptoms may include rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or difficulty breathing. Seek immediate medical attention if such reactions occur.
It’s important to note that the benefits of Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules in treating cancer often outweigh the potential side effects. The medication is prescribed and administered under the careful supervision of oncologists, who monitor patients closely and adjust treatment plans as needed to minimize side effects and maximize therapeutic benefits. Patients should communicate openly with their healthcare team about any side effects or concerns during treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions About Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules:
Certainly, here are some frequently asked questions about Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules:
1. What is Procarbazine Hydrochloride, and what is it used for? Procarbazine Hydrochloride is a medication used in cancer treatment. It is primarily prescribed for conditions such as Hodgkin’s lymphoma and certain types of brain tumors.
2. How does Procarbazine Hydrochloride work to treat cancer? Procarbazine Hydrochloride works by damaging the DNA of cancer cells, disrupting their ability to divide and grow. It also interferes with DNA repair mechanisms in cancer cells.
3. Is Procarbazine Hydrochloride used alone or in combination with other drugs? Procarbazine Hydrochloride is often used as part of combination chemotherapy regimens. It is frequently combined with other chemotherapy drugs and sometimes with radiation therapy to enhance its effectiveness.
4. What are the common side effects of Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules? Common side effects include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, neurological symptoms (such as dizziness and mood changes), myelosuppression (reduced blood cell production), hypertension, and photosensitivity. However, side effects can vary from person to person.
5. How can the side effects of Procarbazine Hydrochloride be managed? Side effects can often be managed with medications to control nausea and vomiting, blood cell growth factors to address myelosuppression, and lifestyle adjustments. Patients should communicate any side effects with their healthcare provider for appropriate management.
6. Is Procarbazine Hydrochloride safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding? Procarbazine Hydrochloride is not safe during pregnancy, as it can harm the developing fetus. It is also not recommended while breastfeeding, as it may be excreted in breast milk.
7. Can Procarbazine Hydrochloride cause secondary cancers? There is a small risk of developing secondary cancers, particularly acute leukemia, as a result of Procarbazine treatment. This risk should be discussed with the healthcare provider.
8. How is Procarbazine Hydrochloride administered? Procarbazine Hydrochloride is usually taken orally in capsule form. The dosage and treatment plan are determined by the oncologist based on the specific cancer diagnosis and stage.
9. Can I drink alcohol while taking Procarbazine Hydrochloride? Alcohol should be avoided while taking Procarbazine Hydrochloride, as it can interact with the medication and increase the risk of side effects.
10. Is Procarbazine Hydrochloride available as a generic medication? Yes, generic versions of Procarbazine Hydrochloride may be available, providing a more cost-effective option for some patients. Always consult with your healthcare provider or pharmacist regarding the availability of generic alternatives.
Patients should consult their healthcare providers for personalized guidance and answers to specific questions regarding their treatment with Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules.
As Procarbazine Hydrochloride Exporters; We can cater to export business queries from the following geographies. We are exporting our Procarbazine Hydrochloride product in the Following Countries-
Russia and CIS Countries: Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Ukraine
GCC/ Middle East Countries: Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, Bahrain, UAE, Lebanon, Jordan, and Iraq.
African Countries: Nigeria, Tanzania, Sudan, Zambia, Benin, Angola, Liberia
Southeast Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Brunei Darussalam
Other Asian Countries: Nepal, Myanmar, Malaysia, Cambodia, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Mauritius
Procarbazine Hydrochloride Regulatory Documents:
- Certificate of Analysis (COA)
- Method of Analysis (MOA)
- Stability Data (Accelerated stability / Long-term stability / Zone 4b)
- CTD Dossier / ACTD Dossiers / eCTD Dossiers
- Certificate of Pharmaceuticals Product (COPP)
- Free Sale Certificate (FSC)
Contact the most reliable manufacturer of Procarbazine Hydrochloride, Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited, to get bulk quantities at a reasonable price.
To Place Orders:
Direct line: +91 8448 444 095 / WhatsApp +91 74 0000 9975 / 74 0000 9976
Toll-free: 1-800-222-434 / Toll-free: 1-800-222-825
General EPA BX: +91 22 2637 4592 / +91 22 2637 4593
Fax No: +91 22 2634 1274
To treat particular forms of cancer, including Hodgkin’s lymphoma and brain tumours, procarbazine capsules, 50 mg are frequently used with other chemotherapy medications. An alkylating drug called procarbazine prevents DNA synthesis and cell division, which slows the growth of cancer cells. Based on the patient’s condition and reaction to treatment, medical practitioners typically prescribe a 50mg dosage. For the duration of the prescribed treatment term, this oral drug is often taken many times daily. Patients should adhere to the recommended dosage and timing while keeping a close eye out for any adverse effects, which could include a higher risk of infections, nausea, vomiting, bone marrow suppression, and other symptoms.
Features and Advantages of Procarbazine 50mg Capsules:
- Procarbazine is a crucial part of combination chemotherapy regimens used to treat Hodgkin’s lymphoma and some varieties of brain tumours, and it offers major therapeutic advantages.
- Procarbazine acts as an alkylating agent, interfering with cancer cells’ DNA to stop them from replicating and ultimately killing them.
- Procarbazine is available in capsule form, making it simple and handy to take as directed.
- Combination Therapy: It is frequently used alongside other chemotherapy medications to increase efficacy and target cancer cells in various ways.
- Targeted Therapy: Procarbazine is especially successful in treating brain and central nervous system tumors.
- Palliative Use: Procarbazine can ease symptoms and enhance quality of life in cancer patients with advanced or metastatic disease.
- Proven Clinical Use: For many years, procarbazine has been widely researched and used to treat cancer, giving medical experts important information on its efficacy and safety.
- Customized Dosage: The 50mg capsules enable flexible dosing that can be changed in accordance with each patient’s unique response to therapy and tolerance.
- Potential to produce Long-Term Remission: Procarbazine has demonstrated the ability to produce long-term remission in several cancer types when taken in the proper combination therapy.
- Adjuvant and Neoadjuvant Therapy: It can be used as neoadjuvant therapy to shrink tumours before to surgical removal or as adjuvant therapy following surgery to prevent cancer recurrence.
Procarbazine has advantages, but it also has drawbacks, such as the possibility of nausea, vomiting, bone marrow suppression, and an elevated risk of infections. To manage these potential side effects and guarantee the greatest results for patients receiving treatment with Procarbazine Capsules 50mg, close observation by medical professionals is essential. This drug should only ever be used under the guidance of a skilled oncologist.
Procarbazine 50 mg Capsule Uses:
- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma: To treat Hodgkin’s lymphoma, a form of lymphatic system cancer, procarbazine is employed in combination chemotherapy regimens.
- Gliomas and brain metastases are the two most common types of brain tumors treated with it in conjunction with other chemotherapy medications.
Procarbazine 50mg Capsule Side Effects:
- Procarbazine frequently results in nausea and vomiting, which can be treated with antiemetic drugs.
- Bone Marrow Suppression: The drug may reduce blood cell formation, increasing the risk of anaemia, infections, and bleeding.
- Reduced Blood Cell Counts: Procarbazine may result in a reduction in platelets (thrombocytopenia), white blood cells (leukopenia), and red blood cells (anaemia).
- Patients may feel weak and worn out while receiving treatment.
- Procarbazine can weaken the immune system, increasing a person’s susceptibility to illnesses and raising their risk of infection.
- Neurotoxicity: The medication may have adverse effects on the central nervous system, including drowsiness, disorientation, and mood swings.
- Modified Fertility: Before beginning therapy, both men and women should be informed about potential hazards and strategies for protecting fertility. Procarbazine may alter fertility.
- Secondary malignancies: Procarbazine long-term use has been linked to a higher incidence of secondary malignancies, particularly leukemia.
- Allergic responses: Procarbazine may cause allergic responses in some people, which include rash, itching, or breathing problems.
- Procarbazine can have toxic effects on the liver and kidneys, thus it’s crucial to evaluate these organs frequently while receiving medication.
Before beginning Procarbazine therapy, patients should talk with their doctor about any possible risks and side effects. To reduce side effects and guarantee the greatest outcome during therapy, regular monitoring and medical supervision are important. This drug should only ever be used under the guidance of a skilled oncologist.
In conclusion, Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules, manufactured and supplied by Taj Pharmaceuticals Ltd., play a vital role in the treatment of cancer, especially Hodgkin’s lymphoma and certain brain tumors. These capsules have proven their effectiveness in inhibiting the growth of cancer cells through various mechanisms, although they can come with side effects that require careful management under the supervision of healthcare professionals. Despite potential side effects, the benefits of Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules in treating cancer make them a valuable addition to cancer treatment regimens.
Patients considering or undergoing treatment with Procarbazine Hydrochloride Capsules should engage in open and honest communication with their healthcare providers, and any concerns or questions about their treatment should be addressed by their medical team. The availability of generic alternatives provides cost-effective options for some patients, making cancer treatment more accessible. Ultimately, the commitment to quality, innovation, affordability, and patient well-being from companies like Taj Pharmaceuticals ensures that individuals have reliable and effective options for managing their health conditions. It’s essential to choose a trustworthy pharmaceutical provider that adheres to strict quality standards when seeking cancer treatment and to work closely with healthcare professionals throughout the treatment journey.